Understanding Natural Foods Revolution principles:
Avoid in your diet foods containing ingredients that are:
- Unfamiliar names (e.g: e-numbers, colouring, sweeteners, additives, preservatives…)
- Ultra-processed and processed foods. However, not all processed food can be classified as an unhealthy.
- More than 5 ingredients on the products.
- Unpronounceable names.
- Refined sugars, flours and oils.
Include in your diet:
- Ordinary, unprocessed and simple foods without label (e.g: strawberries, eggs, lettuce, chicken, fish…)
- Maximum 5 ingredients on the label.
- Cook your food.
Why to avoid ultra-processed foods?
- Unhealthy and linked with obesity, diabetes, cholesterol, hypertesion, cancer…
- Lack of vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, fibre, antioxidants…
- Excessive energy-dense due added sugar, trans fats, colourings…
- Extremely palatable and addictive.
- Engineered for overcomsuption.